See the images posted by th PNRC folks to illustrate the route down to Tighjettu.

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Jun 27, 2015, 9:54

Lots of recently posted images by the parks folks of boards and chains which will aid walkers on the way down to Tighjettu using the new variant.
pnrc randoblog to view.

--

Gaffr

Michele

Posted: Sat, Jun 27, 2015, 10:41

Great! I bet people will get to like this variant and will end up not missing the Cirque.

--Michele

Tarjei

Posted: Sat, Jun 27, 2015, 13:14

Could it be that in the end, the GR20 will change its course and the main route will pass through that route instead of the Cirque?

Michele

Posted: Sat, Jun 27, 2015, 13:27

Hmm, not sure about that.

On a couple of online French papers today I read the Cirque will stay closed **until the end of summer**. WTF? Quite frankly - should the news be confirmed - the logic of this decision completely escapes me.

--Michele

Lawrence of Spain

Posted: Wed, Jul 15, 2015, 8:51

As discussed somewhere here on the forum, adding a link of a route from Ascu to Tighjettu/Valone: https://www.endomondo.com/workouts/558951894/21378079
Nice route, does not compare to Cirque de la Solitude, but still nice and picturesque. The descent to Tighjettu is never ending, though ;) You start seeing the refuge just after crossing the crest from Lac d'Argento, but it is really far away.
P.S. On my way towards Monte Cinto I lost track a bit, so coming back is the correct one.