hiking company Mare a Mare nord in June 2016

Ulrika

Posted: Sat, Jan 23, 2016, 16:33

Hi,

I'm planning a to walk the Mare a Mare Nord in June this year and I'm looking for company, a person or groep that I can join would be very nice. I'm a rather fit woman (45 years) and I do have some hiking experience. I spend a few days in Corte in 2008 and then made some day hikes. I think I have a good idea of how heavy and difficult it might/can be, I feel very motivated :-) and I do really look forward to this walk. I'm planning to sleep in my tent, taking the time to enjoy the walk and nature. I'm Swedish living in Holland and I speak Swedish,English, Dutch and Italian.

If I'm not able to find some hiking company woud it then be very stupid to do this walk alone?
From the beginning my plan was to walk Mare a Mare Nord with my, myself and I but my family and friends said it might not be a good idea. They strongly advised me not to.

And......I'm quite a good company and easy going.

--

Ulrika

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Jan 23, 2016, 17:00

Hello,
A person contacted the Forum recently looking for someone to share a taxi with them form Ajaccio airport to reach the start of the Mare a Mare Nord in June '16. Possible contact with them? There may well be others doing the route at a similar time who visit this Forum.
My wife and I started the MM Nord from the East at Moriani in 2008. We had journeyed over the first three stages of the Jairvan and visited Cintu prior to getting to the East coast for the MM.
We found that we could camp at just six out of ten of the stage overnights....we have always carried our tent on all of the Routes in Corse. The Gites/hostels that we stayed in were of good quality. We travelled in June and did not find the route, at that time, to be overly busy.

--

Gaffr

Ulrika

Posted: Sat, Jan 23, 2016, 18:00

Hi,

Thanks for the tip but I'm planning to walk the Mare a Mare Nord in the other direction since I'm coming from Italy and leaving from Ajaccio. Good to know that it might not be possible to camp at all of the overnight stays during the hike, I will keep that in mind.

Kind regards

--

Ulrika

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Mar 3, 2017, 8:03

Hello,
Camping at not all of the refuges on the MM Nord....when we travelled in 2008 we found that we could camp at six of the ten venues.

--

Gaffr