Transportation to GR20

MMarie

Posted: Tue, Feb 23, 2016, 11:47

Hi travelers :)
I would like to ask you if you can help me get around with transportation. Taking ferry to Bastia. I would like to go from south (Conca) to north. I would like to take a bus from Bastia to Conca but I am little bit lost in the bus services.
I found a bus service from Bastia to Porto-Vecchio and can get off the bus at Solenzara.

1) can I buy an online ticket from Bastia to Solenzara?or do I have to go to Corsicatours-Rapides bleus, Avenue du Maréchal Sebastiani, (opposite Post Office) and buy it there?
2) I heart that there is another bus service directly to the GR20 from Solenzara to Conca. (do you have any info?what time, where, how much?)

Could you please help me to find some timeables or more info?

thank you
Marie

obrobinson

Posted: Tue, Feb 23, 2016, 13:34

Hi Marie,

I've always done this journey in reverse, but from my experience of five north-to-south traverses of the the GR20 you will need to get off the bus at Ste Lucie. Now suspecting that you are arriving on an overnight ferry service into Bastia, then by getting the 08:30 bus service which arrives at the bus stop opposite the café/bar at about 11:00 you will simply need to wait for the shuttle bus service run by the gite d'etape in Conca to arrive transporting 'completers' in order to catch the afternoon bus back to Bastia (about 13:40?). This shuttle will take you to the gite/campsite. If you arrive later on the 16:00 out of Bastia you might well have to phone the gite!? As for timetables look at www.corsicabus.org. If stuck at Ste Lucie their is a campsite approximately 4km east at the crossroads on the coast.

Regards and hope this is useful.

TheHikingDoctor

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Feb 23, 2016, 15:33

Hello,
I'm have started from both ends of the GR20.
I guess it will depend on arrival time of the Ferry in Bastia. The arrival of the one from Nice that we used was approaching dusk so it meant an overnight in Bastia and the bus South the following morning. We have purchased tickets at the shop close to the square from which the bus leaves from and also, when boarding the bus outside of Bastia, paid for the ticket on the bus.
As the previous person said there is no need to go as far as Port Vecchio. Sainte Lucie de Porto Vecchio is the 'get off' village for Conca. We simply went to the nearby café/bar and the lady there informed the gite in Conca to send down the navette....there were several folks disembarking from the bus.
Also have used the good camping site at Pinarello near to Sainte Lucie but that was more convenient after coming from the North and finishing in Conca.

--

Gaffr

MMarie

Posted: Wed, Feb 24, 2016, 7:47

Thank you guys.
It helped me a lot :)

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Feb 24, 2016, 8:31

Make sure that you check and double check all your bus and train journeys in advance. Sometimes, you only get one shot at covering a journey in a day. Avoid travelling on Sunday if you can, because there are fewer options. Contact the people at the Gîte La Tonelle at Conca, to see if they can pick you up from the bus stop at Ste Lucie. A long taxi ride in Corsica is always very expensive.