5 night/6 day hike July - from North or South?

widsith

Posted: Tue, May 24, 2016, 18:50

Hi all! Me and a buddy are planning doing half the Gr20 early july. We only have 5-6 days max, so wondering if it's feasible to do half of the trail. If so, which end would you suggest starting from to dodge most of the crowds? Also, any tips which way to start from if we are trying to not overheat? (i.e any more canopy cover starting from a particular end?) Also is a tent a must during these dates (july 7-13 )Thanks so much for your help!

--

Lucky with day approaching,
With leaning dawn.

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, May 25, 2016, 6:32

Hello,
Perhaps your only option is the six stage Vizzavona down to Conca....or the other way round.
A tent is always a good option...or hiring a tent space at each stage.

--

Gaffr

Harley1965

Posted: Wed, May 25, 2016, 8:33

Gaffr is correct Vizzavona to Conca is straight forward and easily within your reach, in the time frame you have.

If starting in the North you can always bail out, if you are running out of time at Castel di Verghio which is a five day walk or start your walk at Haut Asco and you will make Vizzavona easily.

It is all dependant though on what time your flight arrives in Corsica and the local train times, the times change on the 26th June so you will potentially have more transport options. Ideally you want to be ending your trek in Vizzanvona to catch the train to your departure destination. From experience try and get to Conca, Calenzana, Haut Asco to start your trek.

This year I only have 6 days walking and I am in the same Dilemma, however will more than likely start in the North as it is cooler in the mountains.

--

Neil