Where to buy gas bottle

zoozia

Posted: Sun, May 29, 2016, 16:45

Hello everyone
can anyone confirm where I can get a gas bottle when starting the trail in the south?
I plan to get a bus to Porto Vecchio directly after arriving in Bastia airport, so with no stop in Bastia itself. I am wondering whether a gas bottle can be bought is Ste Lucie or in Conca? I will be travellin in first half of June.

thanks for your help
zoozia

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, May 30, 2016, 5:50

Hello,
Must be a new service with the bus to Porto Vecchio picking up at Poretta airport?...I thought that the service coming from Porto Vecchio dropped folks off at the airport for flights home which obviously suits folks travelling North to South.
The gentleman at the Conca gite/camping had several partly used canisters left behind by folks finishing the GR20.

--

Gaffr

zoozia

Posted: Sun, May 29, 2016, 22:13

I mean the regular bus from Bastia in the morning that stops 3 km west from poretta airport - we are going to walk there from the airport, to the crucetta.

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, May 30, 2016, 5:49

Hello zoozia,
That's the way that I got out to the main road...on foot having tried hitching the traffic coming out from the airport. There is also a dual carriageway to cross over before you reach the 'old road'. I guess that the bus still uses the original road through the villages.
For me in early June, arriving on a Sunday around lunchtime, there was no bus so I walked up to the junction with the road to Ponte Lecchia and hitched from there....only got as far as Moriani where I camped and got the bus on the following morning.

--

Gaffr