Amending of cancelling a Refuge reservation

njefoster

Posted: Thu, Jun 2, 2016, 7:57

I'm sure this must have been asked before ... but are changes to refuge bookings possible once they're paid for? I made plans for our forthcoming walk many months ago but the recent rerouting means that I now need to make some adjustments. I'd like to try to recoup the fees for the reservations that I no longer need, or at least warn the wardens that I won't be needing them so someone else can stay.

--

Nick

Tarjei

Posted: Thu, Jun 2, 2016, 8:33

What are the adjustments to your plans?

Tarjei

njefoster

Posted: Thu, Jun 2, 2016, 8:41

I need to cancel a night at Refuge de Tighjettu and possibly postpone another refuge shortly afterwards by 24 hours.

--

Nick

Tarjei

Posted: Thu, Jun 2, 2016, 9:01

If this is due to the rerouting between Haut Asco and Tighjettu, the new route is only a day's walk (same as the previous route). There is also the option of taking a navette (minibus) from Haut Asco to Calacuccia. You won't loose a day due to the rereouting.

Tarjei

njefoster

Posted: Thu, Jun 2, 2016, 9:21

Thanks Tarjei. It's a bit more complicated than that though - I'd originally been planning to walk between Carozzu and Tighjettu in one day - a big push I know but was intending to take the 'shortcut' recommended by Paddy Dillon. However, the new, extended route will make that nigh-on impossible for me, hence me now having to book a night at Ascu Stagnu to break the journey up.

Once I leave Ascu Stagnu I need to make quick progress to catch up on my original agenda, so I won't want to stop at Tighjettu now - I'm probably aiming for Auberge u Vallon (or at the very least Refuge de Ciottulu).

So I'm left with the question: how do I cancel or rearrange the existing reservation at Tighjettu?

--

Nick

GRRR 20

Posted: Fri, Jun 3, 2016, 13:13

Did you not know the Cirque was closed when you made your reservations? It was closed a year ago, and I would have thought it was common knowledge by now. Cicerone have posted apdf of the new route over Monte Cinto, which can be downloaded for free at - - -

http://blog.cicerone.co.uk/2016/05/gr20-route-changes-mean-end-era/

Turnertactics

Posted: Fri, Jun 3, 2016, 18:50

Nick

The Bergeries au Vallon are not far from Tighjettu. It is a good place to stop but you'd only save half an hour. An early start the next day should enable you to catch up. The terrain from Tighjettu to Vergio isn't too taxing.

--

Alan

njefoster

Posted: Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 7:55

Thanks guys.

Yes, we were aware that there'd been some dramatic issues at the Cirque when we booked, and that it had been closed temporarily (as it was at that time). We hadn't realised though, even if the Cirque were to remain closed, that the alternative route would be much longer, and that extra length/time is what's caused us the issues.

Your comments are very useful once again ... but I', still not sure if I can cancel/exchange my existing refuge bookings!!!

--

Nick

njefoster

Posted: Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 9:33

Success! I've just received a response from the PNRC Reservations office who have confirmed that they can cancel and refund / transfer refuge reservations.

Hopefully this will provide useful information to others in the future.

--

Nick

roesti32

Posted: Mon, Jun 20, 2016, 17:51

Thanks for sharing, I also tried to cancel my booking to be more flexible. How long did you have to wait for an answer or which address did you use? My first email was back in May on which I got the response it was forwarded to the correct address (not mentioning where to).
Two days ago I wrote to regieparc@net-c.com, which I found in my booking confirmation, but haven't got a reply yet.

I just want to make sure I'm not waiting for no purpose ;)

Greetings
Simon

Edit: Just got a reply from regieparc@net-c.com confirming my request.

--

Regards, Simon