Question about travel to the start of the trail

wjvt

Posted: Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 17:59

Hi all,
I'll be starting on the 9th June south to north and will arrive at Porto Vecchio early that morning. My plan was to get the bus to conca but when looking on the site (http://www.corsicabus.org/busPVecchio/Conca.html) it just says no information is available for this service and I'm a bit confused on what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated

Harley1965

Posted: Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 18:34

WJVT

I have just looked the site is working fine.

--

Neil

wjvt

Posted: Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 19:00

Maybe I'm just being silly but it doesn't say the actual times of the bus going from porto vecchia to conca?

Harley1965

Posted: Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 19:23

Whenyou open the web page click on the Bus tab at the top, select Bastia to and from, bus leaves at 0800 and 1330 hrs, if I have read it correct.

--

Neil

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 20:07

Hello,
No direct bus to Conca....it is on a dead-end minor road.
What you want is the bus to Saint Lucie-de-Porto Vecchio which is just up the road from PV on the route up the East coast to Bastia.
When I came from Bastia direct to start in the south I got of the bus at Sainte Lucie... and went into the local bar and they contacted the navette which will come down from the gite/camping of La Tonnelle
I have a phone number...hope that it is still current...04 95 71 46 55....the lady in the bar will keep you right.

--

Gaffr

Michele

Posted: Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 21:04

vjvt,
Take the Bastia bus from Porto Vecchio at 8:00 am and get off at S.te Lucie at 8:20. At the same time you should find the camping Le Tonnelle shuttle bus to Conca ready to leave. The same shuttle bus makes another run at 13h55.

You could also call the camping and arrange a pickup for you (but don't know how much that would cost).
The phone no. is the one provided by Gaffr.

Finally the camping Le Tonnelle can be reached by email if you so prefer: latonnelleconca@hotmail.com

https://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.gite-la-tonnelle.com/navette/&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8

--Michele

wjvt

Posted: Mon, Jun 6, 2016, 21:09

Thank you Gaffr and Michele you lifesavers!

robertotinti

Posted: Tue, Jun 7, 2016, 9:00

and going from bastia to porto vecchia are there just 2 buses right? one 8.30 and one 16 pm?
if i want to walk from the bus stop to the start of the trek is better to stop in ste lucie or in tarco favone?

robertotinti

Posted: Tue, Jun 7, 2016, 9:02

ste lucie i answer myself :)

Backstroke

Posted: Tue, Jul 12, 2016, 17:14

For those arriving by early ferry to catch the bus: the walk to the bus stop is short and the location pretty obvious. But don't naively expect that any stores will be open that early in the morning! Much better to bring everything you need and be off and running early.

rosbif_rebuffat

Posted: Tue, Jul 12, 2016, 23:15

For the record, and just in case you miss your bus, it cost us 60 euro for a taxi from the trailhead to porto vechhio last september
so if there are a few of you it's an option, but solo might feel a bit sore.

robertotinti

Posted: Thu, Jul 28, 2016, 20:08

check bla bla car

Mandy

Posted: Fri, Jul 29, 2016, 8:48

La Tonnelle drop off should be around 4-6 euros each depending on number of passengers ( for us in the opposite direction but I guess it should be same price if arranged in advance)