Refuge Flexibility

njefoster

Posted: Wed, Jun 15, 2016, 8:00

We're planning to walk North to South from Saturday 18th June and we have refuges pre-booked each night along the way. The weather forecast looks poor for the first few days however and I'm starting to wonder what happens to our ongoing refuge bookings if we had to delay our walk for the odd day due to weather. I guess that the chances of us being able to stay at one refuge for an extra night, or stay at a different refuge a day later than originally booked, will be subject to the prior reservations of other people, which feels risky. On the other hand, other people will also be affected by the weather and I suspect that the whole pre-booking system must become a mess.

Does anyone have any experience of this please? I'm starting to wonder if we should pack a tent just in case?

--

Nick



Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Jun 15, 2016, 8:19

Hello,
Always taken a tent. There are posts from folks who have experienced such events.
I think that the refuge folks do try to keep everyone safe and nowadays there are the pre-erected tents at the refuges so some extra shelter available.
A modern lightweight tent is a very useful item.

--

Gaffr