Few questions on food and timings

dorotaw

Posted: Thu, Jun 16, 2016, 10:23

Hello,

I'm a first timer so please forgive if I have missed to find this information in the forum - I did try :)

I will start my trek alone from north to south on 22nd June and I have a couple of questions about food and I hope someone is able to help with answers:

1. What time is breakfast available at refuge?
2. Do I need to pre-book breakfast night before?
3. If I stop at a refugee during 'lunch' time but me feet are still able to carry me further - is it possible to boil water (at cost or no cost?) at a refuge so I can use it for my dehydrated food pack? Would there be a pot available for me to use or do I need to carry one myself?
4. If it is possible to use pot and gas stove at a refuge - what is the earliest time in the morning I could use them? I would plan to leave at about 6am.
5. Is there a 'cut off' time by which I need to order dinner at refuge? Or is it first come, first served rule?

Thank you in advance!
Dorota

Tarjei

Posted: Thu, Jun 16, 2016, 11:34

Bear in mind that I do not remember this clearly, but I think that breakfast usually stood ready in the morning with a note with your name on. They prepare it the day before.
You need to book the breakfast the day/night before.

There are stoves available for the hikers at the refuges, so you may use them to boil water. You need to carry the pots you need by yourself.

I don't think there really is a rule regarding when you use the stoves, common courtesy I think is adviced.

The general rule is that you need to book before 18 o'clock, as I recall.

Tarjei

dorotaw

Posted: Thu, Jun 16, 2016, 13:51

Thanks for the info Tarjei. Much appreciated!

Dorota