What do you think of doing the GR 20 out and back (aller-retour)

grcotedazur20

Posted: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 2:29

Have you known of people who have done this? I only read about it when I search google for gr20 aller retour. What would you think about doing this? N to S and then S to N.

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 4:56

Don't think about it just go and do it. :-)

--

Gaffr

Michele

Posted: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 5:53

Ditto. If you have time, strength and love the trail... why not?

GRRR 20

Posted: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 6:47

If you have the time - then do it. I walked it both ways on different occasions and the scenery does look very different. You often spend so much time looking ahead, and a lot of time looking at the ground, that you don't always turn round to see how good it looks behind you.

robertotinti

Posted: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 16:08

Why don't you go further and do the desert of agriati and then you go back to bastia by walking.
That's my project. I think it's better than do the same trek in the opposite way.
But if you do that for a record or to be the first....that's ok.

Kevski

Posted: Mon, Jun 20, 2016, 14:57

There are some variations and side trips that could be done on the A/R so it would not be a case of doing the same thing twice. The logical places to stay overnight are different I guess but in any event, you can vary your stopping off points. Have you researched if it has been done?

--

Kevin

grcotedazur20

Posted: Fri, Jun 24, 2016, 3:08

Yes. It's been done before. I wasn't clear when I wrote my first post. I suppose the varations could be interesting. I have only done it S to N when it had the Cirque. I haven't researched any good variations.

grcotedazur20

Posted: Fri, Jun 24, 2016, 3:11

robertotiniti, that is an interesting suggestion that you have. I haven't heard of desert of agriati before. Is there a route that goes through there? So could I go to Calvi and get a ride to the desert? Is there any hiking in that peninsula north of Bastia?

robertotinti

Posted: Fri, Jun 24, 2016, 8:50

You can go to calvi and take a transport to ostriconi beach. Then there is a trek along the strand till saint florant. After that you walk to bastia back. Or I supposed there will be a trek from calenzana to ostriconi or anyway more close than calvi. You have to check on internet.
I know there is a trail in the north of Corsica. The name is contrabbandieri in Italian. I've read about it