GAS GAS GAS

SEmily

Posted: Sat, Jun 18, 2016, 20:10

Hello,

I am planning on taking a small stove on the trail and for this I need gas. I understand that the Coleman style Propane/Butane mix bottles are hard to come by on the continent and are also restricted on aircraft. To that effect I wish to understand whether or not anyone has posted stuff that they need to the refuges. I wish to post a couple of gas bottles to the refuge at the start of the route.

Thanks for any information you can share!
Sophie

GRRR 20

Posted: Sun, Jun 19, 2016, 6:41

I think you'll find that most countries don't allow you to post gas canisters.

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Jun 20, 2016, 15:56

Hello,
Although I have always taken the French blue stove with me to Corse....the one that uses the non valve canisters that are always available on the island. Recently both types of gaz canisters have been available in many places....in my experience at Calinzana at the start in the North, possibly now at Col de Vergio shop and at Vizzavona.
So no need to worry about having gaz at the start (assume N-S) available at the Spar shop in Calinzana or get it in the Supermarche in Calvi or at a filling station.
As a very reasonable standby there are at most refuges outside gas cooking facilities for campers.

--

Gaffr

martijn58

Posted: Mon, Jun 20, 2016, 18:44

Hello,

Thnx everybody for all the advice a have already found.
I still got a few questions about gas canisters.

I bought myself a Jetboil MINIMO http://www.jetboil.com/Products/MiniMo-Cooking-System-Carbon-with-Line-Art/ . They gave me the advice to buy an adapter with it.
I orderd a Edelrid adapter https://www.bergfreunde.nl/edelrid-adapter-ventielpatroon/. I hope this is the right one to use for campingaz??? But now it looks like these adapters don't seem to be safe. So i prefer not to use it , only if i have no choice. There is my second question, can i get other/ the right canisters for a jetboil? When i start from the South?

I'm coming by plane to Ajaccio, there i take the bus to the southern start point. Where can i buy the right canisters or if this isn't possible, where can i buy campinggaz and can i use the adapter then?

Thank you very much.

Martijn58

manac

Posted: Wed, Jun 29, 2016, 20:54

The gite d'etape in Conca sell gaz cartridges (well they did on June 6. I bought an optimus with valve). alternatively there is an Intersport in Porto Vecchio.
en-route I only saw the non-valve blue gaz cylinders for sale.

--

MnM

martijn58

Posted: Fri, Jul 1, 2016, 6:07

Thank you for your reaction.

The adapter didn't arrive. So i will try to find a canister for a jetboil. First day i got some time in Ajaccio, i will try to find it there and if that doesn't work ill take some extra time to go to the intersports.

Thnx

Backstroke

Posted: Wed, Jul 6, 2016, 16:14

Hello, I just completed south-north June 7-21.The camping shop in Vizzavona had a few of both types of canisters. But can easily imagine them getting sold out. I did not take a pot or a stove and found that the refuges offered all that I required.

gladjeskutt

Posted: Wed, Aug 3, 2016, 20:17

Curious if you found gas there?
And if you can find all the sizes of gas canisters. (coleman, screw-on type)
packing light and small so I myself need to get the small can.
did anybody see this recently in calvi or Calinzana?

cheers!

martijn58

Posted: Wed, Aug 3, 2016, 20:30

Hee,

In half way now, did the South part already, this weekend starting with the Northern part. I found my gas can in Conca. Just at the start. Even along the route there were options to buy different canissters. So i dont think you need to worry. I dont know about Calvi or Calenzana but i think you should be ok. The smallest one i only saw in Ajaccio.

Enjoy the walk!

And if you are coming soon, i'm the guy with the tarp! Haha seems like the only one so far.

gladjeskutt

Posted: Wed, Aug 3, 2016, 20:45

nice! well I think you will be done when Im there. hopefully for you :)
would be cool to se a gearlist from your trip. and what you would do different next time. (if there would be a next time)

gladjeskutt

Posted: Wed, Aug 3, 2016, 20:45

nice! well I think you will be done when Im there. hopefully for you :)
would be cool to se a gearlist from your trip. and what you would do different next time. (if there would be a next time)

Tuuli

Posted: Sun, Sep 18, 2016, 12:17

We were looking for a gas canister on 21st of August in Calvi. We asked around and found one place selling screw-on gas canisters. It was a store called "Hippocampus", located at the seaside between the harbour and the beach. It has a big sign "SHIP" on it. It was open even on a Sunday around 5.30 PM which is when we were there. The owner said that he thinks he's the only one in Calvi selling gas. The small SPAR shop in the town centre didn't have any. Only small screw-ons were available, but a bigger choice for the other type.

Tuuli

Swedish Rambler

Posted: Wed, Nov 2, 2016, 14:13

Hi,
I am also curious about gas canisters fitting EN-417 in Conca. Do you have a name of a store I would be grateful so I may check for myself before arrival.

/Swedish Rambler

--

Swedish Rambler