Col de Verde exit

carlaNorway

Posted: Sun, Jun 26, 2016, 13:27

Hello,
We are planning to exit GR20 in Col de Verde. Is there any bus that we can take to Ajaccio in that area? Or do you have other options to exit around that area that have better transport possibilities?
Thanks

GRRR 20

Posted: Sun, Jun 26, 2016, 17:56

There is no bus from Col de Verde, but it is on a road so you might be able to hitch hike. The village of Cozzano is 18km south, along a very very bendy road. There is an early morning bus from there to Ajaccio. Make sure you know exactly what time the bus leaves and where it leaves from, because you won't get another chance if you miss it, until the next day.

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 3:29

Hello,
If you can get down to Evisa...hitchhike? There is an early morning bus to get you to Ajaccio.
We took this bus from outside the camping site ( Acciola) above Evisa after staying there overnight when on one of our tours although not when on the GR20.
Possibly the only bus each day?

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 9:59

Evisa? To do that, they'd have to quit at Col de Vergio and miss out several days of the GR20. Quitting at Col de Vergio is easier by catching the bus to Corte then getting the train to Ajaccio.

carlaNorway

Posted: Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 10:26

Thanks! I see the bus goes rom Cozzano at 7.00. We will try to make that one :-)

carlaNorway

Posted: Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 10:28

We are starting in Col de Vergio because we want to bypass the ugly/demanding part of c. de la solituted.

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 10:44

The new route avoiding the Cirque is really very good, but it's true that it's also demanding.

If you are spending a night in Cozzano, which is probably essential if you ate getting the 7am bus, then make sure that you know exactly where the bus starts, and be there early. I never caught that bus from Cozzano, but I have used it a few times to get between Ajaccio and Zicavo. It is mostly used by local people who the bus driver knows. With walkers and tourists, he will expect you to be at the right place and it's best if you wave your arms and step into the road to make sure he stops.

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 11:51

Apologies...mixing up the cols here. I assumed that you were travelling s-n and exiting at Vergio to avoid the stuff further North.

--

Gaffr

Michele

Posted: Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 12:24

I see some confusion here: the title says Col de Verde but then it becomes Col de Vergio.