MARE E MONTI (NORD)

zoerichardson

Posted: Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 15:11

Hi
Four of us will be walking the Mare e Monti Nord, starting on the 5th July. Hoping to camp each night.
We have printed off the route from this guide. Can anyone advise if we need detailed map/s of the route or is it straightforward from this guide?
Any recommendation where to buy a map of the route or do I have to buy multiple maps?
Any other helpful tips would be most welcome.. Zoe, Lisa, Mandy and Kim :-)

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Jun 27, 2016, 21:41

I have used both the Cicerone Walking in Corsica guide by Gillian Price....plenty of day by day details of Mare e Monti and many other routes in Corse. We have also used the Entre mer et Montagne guide which is in French.
The 1:100,000 (1cm=1Kl.) Bastia/Corte will cover all of the route. I got this map on line from Stanfords in England.
We took the tent, as always in Corse, but of the M e M sometimes we had to ask the refuge/hostel folks if we could camp on their terrace.
As I recall camping in Calinzana, Bonifatu, on a col above Tuarelli, Galeria, Girolata, Curzu hostel terrace, Serriera we had to go down slightly off route to the sea, In Ota we got a room, there is camping site a little above Evisa or at Marignana and camping at E Case refuge.
The camping at the end is a little way out of Cargese at Terraccio camping....bus from there to Porto and later to Calvi.

--

Gaffr

zoerichardson

Posted: Tue, Jun 28, 2016, 14:29

Thanks for the post, much appreciated :-) zoe