Mare e monti Nord walking alone

AndreaK

Posted: Sun, Jul 24, 2016, 21:20

Hi all,
I want to walk the North trail starting half September on my own. Does anyone have experience with walking alone the 10 days trail?
Thanks for your reply,
Andrea

--

Andrea

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Jul 28, 2016, 20:20

Hello,
No direct experience of walking the trail solo....I walked with my wife from Calinzana in late May into June in 2009.
It was, apart from the GR20, the busiest route on the island. Quite a few groups of folks walking the route as well as solos and couples. I do recall a lady, who worked on the island, walking from Cargese to Calinzana. Definitely a friendly and relaxing sort of route with none of the hustle and bustle that you find on the GR20.
Many day walking folks at both the very fine Girolata and on the section between Ota and Evisa through the Spelunca Gorge.

--

Gaffr

AndreaK

Posted: Thu, Jul 28, 2016, 21:10

Hi Gaffr,
Thanks for your reply. It sounds quite safe :).
I am wondering mostly if the route is well signed at the moment, just to calculate my chances on getting lost.
I will ask that in a new post I guess.

--

Andrea

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Jul 29, 2016, 17:13

Hello,
The route was reasonably marked up when we travelled....although must confess that we had a tussle with the maquis and ended up further along the Crete du Lucciu than we should have owing to not concentrating when ascending. The maquis is dense and prickly so it is best avoided.
After Girolata there is a choice of paths...we took the one close to the sea and then up to the Bocca a Croce where there is a coffee stop available and used the variant after crossing the road to get up high and then down to Curzu for the night.
We used the French Topo guide...Entre mer et montagne.
After returning home I had access to the Cicerone, Walking in Corsica guide, that will give you good route/trail descriptions.

--

Gaffr

AndreaK

Posted: Sat, Jul 30, 2016, 10:25

Thank you again. I will post a new item and see if anyone has recently done the walk!

--

Andrea

river_paolo

Posted: Tue, Aug 29, 2017, 21:17

Hi Andrea,
did you do your walk alone? How was it?

Paolo

--

Paolo

AndreaK

Posted: Wed, Aug 30, 2017, 6:54

Hi Paolo,

I did not do the walk in the end. I went to the Dordogne and walked the GR 36 (part Perigord) also very nice. But Corsica is still on my list. Mayby next year.

--

Andrea