booking beds in the refuges

DavidAv

Posted: Tue, Jul 26, 2016, 20:14

1. I'll start walking on the 1st of September. Is it necessary to book beds also at this season?
2. Is there a way to book beds in English, not French?
3. If I do the booking and need to stay at some place along the route one day more than planned - will I loose the money?

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 6:20

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes

DavidAv

Posted: Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 17:21

I'll start walking on the 1st of September. Will there be tents for rent at this season if I do not book in advance?

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 17:50

There should be tents. I walked at that time last year and they had them. If you can't find a ready-pitched tent to hire, they usually give you one and you have to go and find a place to pitch it yourself. If that happens you'll end up with a really bad choice of places to pitch as all the good places will have gone.

DavidAv

Posted: Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 18:50

I already accepted the need to carry a tent - an option that I do not like. So you say that there is a very good probability that a tent - pitched or not - will be available, even if I do not book one.

DavidAv

Posted: Fri, Jul 29, 2016, 13:17

Am I right in the last statement - that there is a very good probability that a tent - pitched or not - will be available, even if I do not book one?

GRRR 20

Posted: Fri, Jul 29, 2016, 13:21

Yes they should have tents for hire in September.