Taxi Share - Bastia airport - Calenzana 11th September 16

michaelaohare

Posted: Thu, Jul 28, 2016, 12:40

Hello, myself and fellow hiker are looking for transport 11.09.16 from Bastia airport to Calenzana.
Alternative transport tips very welcome!
:) thanks

hofmans_maarten...

Posted: Mon, Aug 1, 2016, 9:59

Hi, we are with a group of 4 people and 1 dog, arriving in Bastia by ferry sunday,11th september, morning around 7.
I just looked up the train to go from Bastia to Calvi and then take a taxi, but maybe we can split a taxi ?
The train hours are only on the website until 4 september so I don't know if the train go's after 4 september.
Any idea of the cost for a taxi from Bastia to Calenzana ?

Maarten

michaelaohare

Posted: Wed, Aug 3, 2016, 12:38

Hi Maarten,

Thanks for getting in touch.
We too have been looking at trains however it would appear most forms of transport stop in September - especially Sundays!
It may be a case of last minute planning following the issuing of the revised train timetable.

With regards to the cost of taxi's I believe they are a lot! Maybe in the region of 300 euros and that is a standard taxi.
We plan on researching more on how we can reach Calenzana as quickly and cheaply as possible on the Sunday and will let you know of our findings!

In the meantime, happy training!

Michaela

michaelaohare

Posted: Thu, Sep 1, 2016, 12:21

Hi Maarten,

How are you GR20 plans going? Have you guys had any luck with transport?
We are still waiting for the train times to be published but thought I would check in with you to see whether you found a magical route!

All the best,

Michaela.

Steve Dan

Posted: Fri, Sep 2, 2016, 8:35

Hi guys.
In case you hav'nt allready got this, the train times from Sept 5th have now been posted on the Corsica Bus and Rail website. 9.44 from Bastia to Calvi.
Steve.

michaelaohare

Posted: Fri, Sep 2, 2016, 12:34

Brilliant!!!

Thank you Steve, could I ask you to send over a link please? I am having difficultly finding it!

Many thanks,
Michaela

Steve Dan

Posted: Fri, Sep 2, 2016, 13:54

Michaela, it's www.corsicabus.org.
Steve.