Corsica ~9/11 - 9/20 -- Conca to Vizzavona

andytokarski

Posted: Thu, Aug 4, 2016, 14:46

Hi all !

Thank you in advance for any responses, this has been a dream of mine for a long time and I am finally able to hike some of the gr20! A little about myself -- I am a 26 year old American that grew up backpacking the Sierra Nevada mountains with my father from a young age. I realize from my research this is a very different trip than what I am used to (not having to pack food, having checkpoints, shelter, etc.) I am very excited for a new experience!

My questions are the following --

1. I will be in Sardinia, and am planning on taking a ferry from Saint Teresa Gallura to Bonifacio. I am confused about how to get to the trailhead in Conca from this point. Any advice?

2. I will be flying out from Bastia after the trip. Similarly, I am confused about how to get from the end of the trail in Vizzavona to Bastia.

If anyone on this forum will be out at this time, I look forward to meeting you! Thanks!

Andy Tokarski
astokarski@gmail.com

andytokarski

Posted: Thu, Aug 4, 2016, 14:47

I forgot to ask this question -- I am not planning on reserving a bed for any of the nights, as I will have a bivvy with me and would prefer outdoors. Is there any other notification I need to give as to my plans?

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Aug 4, 2016, 16:23

Hello,
Have not been in from Bonifatu. I guess a bus to Porto Vecchio and another bus to reach Sainte Lucie de Porto Vecchio and then the navette up to Conca Camping/Gite.
For camping the rules of the PNRC state that you have to camp/bivouac at the Refuge.
To reach Bastia take the train from Vizzavona to Bastia.

--

Gaffr

andytokarski

Posted: Thu, Aug 4, 2016, 19:09

thank you gaffr! I intend to camp at the refuge, but no need to rent a bed. And will have money for food. Does that sound right?

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Aug 4, 2016, 19:46

Hello,
Sounds good. Just around seven euros for the stopover.
...and get hold of a bus timetable for the travel.
The Conca Gite is La Tonnelle....phone number was 0495714655....hope someone can confirm this.
When coming off the bus from Bastia I phoned the Gite to ask when the navette would be down in Sainte Lucie. There were several others on the bus going to the GR20 so we did not have to wait long.

--

Gaffr