GR 20 timing from Petra Piana to Tattone

Tonywat

Posted: Tue, Aug 16, 2016, 9:52

Hello, I would appreciate guidance on timing of the route from Petra Piana to the rail link at Tattone.
I am walking North to south at end Sept with a friend and finishing at rail link to catch the 1140 train to Ajaccio on sat 1st Oct. According to the guide it takes 3-4hrs from Bergeries de Tolla to Tattone but no timing given from PP to Bergeries. I need to know whether to book a taxi from Tattone which could be expensive or if we can make it with an early start! Many thanks -

Tony

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Aug 16, 2016, 10:22

Hello,
Just checked my images from our first trip in 2007....useful today with dates and times etc.
We must have left PP at 0700hrs. I have an image taken at 0732 on the 26th, June 2007 of the bergerie Ghialgo and another at Tolla bergeries at 0950 where we had a late breakfast.
We were not travelling quickly since this was an easy day for a camp at l'Onda.
Our time looks like 2hr 50mins but I'm sure if you were putting the foot down it could be done in much less time.

--

Gaffr

Tonywat

Posted: Tue, Aug 16, 2016, 16:53

that's a help thanks a lot -
Tony

Trurl

Posted: Tue, Aug 16, 2016, 19:06

Hi Tony,

it looks like you are in hurry to catch that train, so you will miss the scenic ridge route to l'Onda, then Tattone. Looks like you need to head straight down to Tattone. We did this in the opposite direction in about 5 hours moving time (over 6 hours w/ stops). You are looking at a lot of descent, then a beautiful flat path towards Canaglia and Tattone. I would depart at 7am and walk briskly. After Canaglia you will have a choice of following a road (D63 I believe) or taking a shortcut over a hill (if you crave some ascent at the end :-) )

Good luck!

--

--Jacek

petermcl

Posted: Tue, Aug 16, 2016, 21:19

Hi Tony,
Paddy's book lists 3hrs from PP to the Bergeries, 3hrs15 to the Passerelle de Tolla, from which the link to Tattone leaves. That sounds like a headtorch start!

--

Regards,
petermcl.

Trurl

Posted: Wed, Aug 17, 2016, 0:37

Paddy's books says "within 3 hours PP to Bergeries de Tolla" -- then another 3 to Tattone. I say 5 hours 30 minutes max if you walk w/o stopping. I've done it the opposite (ascending) direction.
Tony, ask the PP guardien, Philippe. Steep descent at first, can be affected by weather. But very flat second half. About 13 km total.

--

--Jacek