Casamozza location of Bus Stop

RayGrange

Posted: Fri, Sep 2, 2016, 10:37

We were going to get the afternoon train from Bastia to Calvi after arriving at Bastia Airport this Sunday 3rd Sept in the morning at 9:25.

I now see that there are buses on this Sunday from Casamozza to Calvi - one at 11:10.

Can anyone let me know where the Casamozza bus stop please. I imagine it is on the main road.

Or is there a stop nearer Bastia Airport on the main Road ?

Many Thanks

Ray Grange

ray.s.grange@btopenworld.com

--

Ray

Michele

Posted: Fri, Sep 2, 2016, 12:30

Hi Ray, the Casamozza bus stop is roughly 6-7 km from the airport and is on the main road. Please take a look at this pic: http://oi65.tinypic.com/2r6kspv.jpg

RayGrange

Posted: Fri, Sep 2, 2016, 13:09

Dear Michele

Many thanks for your rapid response. However, I think that I have got my dates wrong as we are landing on Sunday 4th Sept not the 3rd and there does not appear to be any buses on 3th.

Kind Regards

Ray

--

Ray

Michele

Posted: Sat, Sep 3, 2016, 6:40

Ray, at the same stop you may want to pick up train that goes to Calvi. Please check out the corsicabus.org site for the timetable.

RayGrange

Posted: Sat, Sep 3, 2016, 8:55

Dear Michele

Many thanks. As the train is at 9:43 and our plane lands at 9:25 we have decided catching this one is not possible so we are going to go into Bastia to spend the day and catch the 16:44 from there.

I am hoping that the airport bus to Bastia is running.

Kind Regards

Ray

--

Ray

Gaffr

Posted: Sun, Sep 4, 2016, 4:55

Hello,
The airport bus into Bastia always runs...even on the Sabbath. We did the same thing... bus into the town and then chill out until travel on the the evening train to reach Calvi....change trains at Ponte Lechia....the one to Calvi 'turns round' at PL The Bastia train is straight through to Corte/Ajaccio.
If you get off the train one stop prior to Calvi station you can have access to a few camping areas.

--

Gaffr