Water: Current situation (September 2016)?

Posted: Sat, Sep 17, 2016, 16:01

Hi all,

can someone give us an update on the current situation (September 2016) regarding the drinking water sources along the GR20? Are all sources at the Refuges still running?

What about the other sources en route? In particular:

-Conca-Paliri: near Punta Pinzu
-Col de Bavella - Ref. Usciolou: Half way between Col Pargulu und Asinao; Asinao itself; source at the bivy meadow just after Bocca di Agnone
-Ref. Usciolou - Ref. Prati: Laparo
-Col de Verde - Capanelle: Berg. de Ghjalcone
-Capanelle - Vizzavona: Berg. Scarpac & source ~1km ahead; Berg. d'Alzeta

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Sat, Sep 17, 2016, 16:51

I just had information that currently the source at Paliri is dry. Shower water instead is available but should be treated.
Don't know about the other places.

Posted: Thu, Sep 22, 2016, 6:16

Thanks, Michele.

Here's an update with info from other forums:

1. Source half way between Conca und Paliri: Dry (Info: Mid July 2016)
2. Source at Ref. Paliri: Currently no drinking water! There is water which should be treated (Info: 17.09.2016)
3. Source at Laparo (ca. 1/3 way from Usciolu to Prati): Dry (Info: Mid July 2016)
4. Source of Ref. Manganu: Someone reported that the warden appeared to be controlling if it is running or not; he's selling drinking water for 5 EUR a bottle at the same time. There should be a running source just above the Refuge, but I don't know the exact location (Info: Beginning of Sept. 2016)

Please feel free to add and update!

Posted: Thu, Sep 22, 2016, 20:28

Hi OtS,
I was at Manganu on 10 September and the source beside the refuge was running fine. This was the one just between the building and the footbridge.

Posted: Sat, Sep 24, 2016, 19:33

Hi Peter, is that Glasgow Peter? Have you heard from the others? We lost touch with them when bad weather hit. Karrie and I finished two days late as had to come down to Cozzano for a day when the storms hit. Saw Sean at Prati but the others had gone on so we never caught up :(