October

R0BC

Posted: Thu, Sep 22, 2016, 11:39

Hi
What are the general conditions like in mid October, is it possible to undertake the GR20 walk in this month? I understand that I will probably have to carry mu own food, but are the huts open for sleeping?
Thanks

GRRR 20

Posted: Thu, Sep 22, 2016, 11:43

The PNRC huts stay open but private ones close. Most of the hotels also close. So do the little foodstores, though you can go off-route to Corte and get all you need in the middle. I've walked sections of the trail in October and the weather has been good, but remember that it could turn bad at any time.

ebeswick

Posted: Thu, Sep 22, 2016, 15:12

R0BC, If we get our strategy right, a friend and I should be finishing up around the 6th of October so I'll give you a trip report if you like.

Ethan

R0BC

Posted: Fri, Sep 23, 2016, 13:00

Thanks both for your comments. @Ethan, a trip report would be very useful. Thanks

jenny5678

Posted: Mon, Sep 26, 2016, 17:00

Hey there,

We will be starting our journey N > S on approximately Oct. 4th. Very excited! But similar questions: when do the people manning the refuges leave? ie when will food for purchase at the refuges stop as well as presumably having to pay to stay. Is it likely that the gas cookers will be operational? I can't seem to get reliable info on this, including no answer when trying to call the parks office.

Safe journeys and thanks!

Jenny