refugees booking

zzanem

Posted: Sun, Jan 8, 2017, 20:34

Dear all,
I am planning to do GR20 in the end of June, and as I am starting to plan everything- starting from flights, days and everything else. First of all I want to see the refugees and their options. For a couple of weeks I am trying to reach the website http://parc-corse.org/ but I cannot reach it. Does this problem have to someone else? Is there any other option to book refugees online?
and one more question about refugees. Does they offer the blanket or do I need to take my own sleeping bag with me?

GRRR 20

Posted: Sun, Jan 8, 2017, 22:33

The booking process doesn't become fully active until later. During the winter you can play with the booking process, but you can't complete a booking and pay for it. Check later and it will suddenly become active, and you'll be able to pay through the site. I guess they don't like anyone to book far in advance.

zzanem

Posted: Fri, Jan 13, 2017, 20:58

thank you so much for this information, I could not find it somewhere else!
have a nice day!

Zane

roesti32

Posted: Sat, Jan 14, 2017, 8:36

To answer your last question: you have to bring your own sleeping bag.

--

Regards, Simon

zzanem

Posted: Sat, Jan 14, 2017, 9:04

Simon, thank you!

zzanem

Posted: Sat, Jan 14, 2017, 9:11

I have one additional question about the reservation. I notice that there are three possibilities that to reserve:

1. Nombre de couchages refuges
2. Nombre de couchages en bivouac
(Emplacement par personne)
3.Nb. location tente (2 places + matelas)
(En sus du couchage bivouac)

my French is not very good, but I understand that 1. option is sleeping in refugee and 3. sleeping in your tent, but what is 2.option? could someone please explain this to me?

GRRR 20

Posted: Sat, Jan 14, 2017, 9:57

Number 2 is sleeping in YOUR tent, so you just get a space to pitch your tent.
Number 3 is sleeping in THEIR tent, which also includes a mattress. If you are early, the tent will already be in place. If you are late, you might be given a tent and have to find a place to pitch it yourself.

zzanem

Posted: Sat, Jan 14, 2017, 13:22

GRRR 20 many thanks for information! Very useful! so just one more for clarification, if we are going 2 persons, then I need to take one tent which will be for two persons? is my understanding correct?

GRRR 20

Posted: Sat, Jan 14, 2017, 23:19

You pay twice. First you pay for a space to pitch your tent, then you pay for each person. It is cheaper to have two people in one tent, instead of two one-person tents.

zzanem

Posted: Mon, Feb 20, 2017, 11:41

HI! can you please help me? :) I am trying to reserve the place in the refugee. I want to sleep in their tent. we are 2 persons. so it means that I need to put 2 persons in -Nombre de couchages en bivouac and 2 persons in Nb. location tente (2 places + matelas). Is this correct? there will be 2 tents for us of one? I donot understand this one!

zzanem

Posted: Mon, Feb 20, 2017, 11:56

and for me it looks that sleeping in the refugee is cheaper than in their tent.

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Feb 20, 2017, 12:06

There is a difference between 'persons' and 'places'.

The hire tents are for two 'persons', and include mattresses. The tent itself takes up one 'place'.

When you say 'refugees', I think you must be using the same auto spell-checker as me. The word 'refuge' always comes out as 'refugee' and I have to go back and correct it.

zzanem

Posted: Mon, Feb 20, 2017, 12:15

GRRR 20, thank you so much for helping and for correcting me! Have nice day!

zzanem

Posted: Sat, Mar 11, 2017, 16:35

Dear All,
do I understand correct that if I am hiking with my own tent, I do not need to make reservation in refugees?

GRRR 20

Posted: Sat, Mar 11, 2017, 22:11

You don't need to reserve if you have your own tent. Just turn up and pay the fee, then go and look for somewhere to pitch your tent. All the best places will already be gone!