Mid week v weekend departures N -S or S - N

namaste

Posted: Thu, Jan 26, 2017, 13:43

As each day sees new hikers starting and then moving on are weekend start dates busier than mid-week or is there little difference?

--

Namaste!

roesti32

Posted: Thu, Jan 26, 2017, 14:28

Once the reservation on the parc-corse website is activated, you can check if there are weekdays that are more frequented than others. My impression last year was that in fact most people start their hike on a Monday.

--

Regards, Simon

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Jan 26, 2017, 17:51

I have just had a wee look into my PD where I have scribbled some data.
2007 was a Sunday arrival on a BA flight to Poretta...in no rush we began the walk from Calinzana on 19th, June which was a Tuesday.
2008 was on a ferry to Calvi ....we began the walk on 8th, June which was a Sunday.
2013 was a flight to Poretta from Manchester. On account of the prevailing conditions I decided to go South for a start. Hitched as far as Moriani where I camped for the night. Bus on Monday morning down to Sainte Lucie de PV. Started the walk on Tuesday 4th, June.

Didn't see much difference with the numbers starting the walk on any of these start days however N or S the numbers that you start with are thinned out on each day that you make progress on the route.

--

Gaffr