travel from Calvi to Lucie de Porto Vecchio

MrFaulty

Posted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017, 1:41

Hi, I am looking at travelling from Calvi to Lucie de Porto Vecchio on a Friday (from what I am bale to ascertain, weekedns are bad fro travelling). Can anyone provide simple advice on this? I think I cannot catch a train but must catch a bus but as I do not read or speak french (I am trying to learn basics), I am unable to understand the timetable.

Thanks
Ben

Michele

Posted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017, 9:24

Ok Ben, the site corsicabus.org (which is in French AND English) is your friend.
However ... I did the search for you. Here it goes:
From Calvi you want to take the 7:00 hrs bus to Bastia and get off at Casamozza at 8:30 hrs.
(reference at this page: http://www.corsicabus.org/busCalvi/CLY_Bastia.html)
Wait for the connection, (the Bastia-Porto Vecchio bus) which should stop at Casamozza at 9:00 hrs and drop you off at S.Lucie de Porto vecchio at 11:00. (reference at this page: http://www.corsicabus.org/busPVecchio/PVE_Bastia.html).
Please bear in mind you need to double check all timetables because times may vary with time (plus buses may not be very puntual). So you are warned.

--Michele

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017, 9:51

Two other things you should do -

Find out EXACTLY where the bus stops - at the start and when you change buses. Ask someone local at the start because they know best. Ask the bus driver when you change.

Don't expect the bus to look obvious. If in doubt, make a clear signal for it to stop. If it's a tour coach, it won't stop, but if you don't signal the public bus, and it doesn't stop, then you lose at least a days travel.

MrFaulty

Posted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017, 10:02

Thanks Michele and GRRR20. Will the bus change drop off point at Bastia be different to the pickup point? I think I should arrive on the Thursday to give me a day to stuff up lol

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017, 10:59

I avoid going into Bastia, but if you really want to go that way there is a bus station. Changing at Casamozza can save you a whole day of travelling with the right connections.

MrFaulty

Posted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017, 11:27

Thanks, so in Casamozza is the drop off the same place as the new bus pick up?

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017, 13:22

Best to check with the driver who drops you off. It's some years since I last changed buses at Casamozza. The last time I was there I was on the train, and the time before that, it was Sunday and the worst day for transport, so I hitch hiked.

MrFaulty

Posted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017, 21:39

Fantastic, thanks!