Gas availability in Bastia

MrFaulty

Posted: Thu, Feb 23, 2017, 5:11

Hi, I finally booked my flights but I will be flying into Bastia as opposed to Calvi. My previous research has suggested that there should be no problem getting a gas cartridge from the Spar shop in Calvi. Is there a similar shop in Bastia?

The gas canister I require is a screw type.

Cheers
Ben

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Feb 23, 2017, 7:59

Bastia is definitely a better option for you especially if travelling down to Conca for a start.
Bastia has several mini market shops and also equipment shops so gas shouldn't be a problem.
We had to spend a night prior to the flight back from Poretta....it was in a garden shed that the lady of the bed and breakfast let us use. I'm sure that we got the old style gas can in Bastia.
The man at the Conca refuge/restaurant had many party used left behind canisters I guess from folks coming from the north in his entrance area.
Have also got gas cans from filling station shops in a few places.

--

Gaffr

MrFaulty

Posted: Thu, Feb 23, 2017, 21:59

Thanks - not sure which style is old and which is new as oiver here (Australia), both types are available readily. My only concern is that I have heard that the screw type is not readily available in Corsica - I might be best to purchase an adaptor just in case!

Fanta 65

Posted: Fri, Feb 24, 2017, 5:00

Hi Mr Faulty,
we never saw the screwtype in the shops, so better bring an adapter.
The most common brand is the blue cartridge of CampingGas type bajontette CV 300 plus
Good luck
Frank

--

Fanta 65