Nombre de couchages en bivouac and Le refuge d'E Capanelle

Paolo

Posted: Fri, Feb 24, 2017, 3:07

Dear All,

I have two very easy questions I hope somebody know the answer and I also hope Idid not miss hose points from the history of the forum (I had a quick look).

1. Nombre de couchages en bivouac
(Emplacement par personne)
what is this kind of accommodation? it is not tend, it is not refuge it is like in between but do we need heavy sleeping bag for it?

2.Le refuge d'E Capanelle, how can i book it? i cannot find it in the list of the natural parc? shall i try to directly call them?

3. do we need to book the dinner at the huts? which hut serve dinner? all of them? same website (i could not find a linker an option to click)?

sorry in the end the questions are 3 :)
thank you VERY MUCH
PAOLo

--

Paolo

Fanta 65

Posted: Fri, Feb 24, 2017, 5:11

Hi Paolo,

1. you have to bring a heavy sleepingbag for all kind: sleeping in the refuge, sleeping in a rented tent and sleeping in your own tent. If you bring your own tent, you don't have to book in advance.
2. refuge de capanelle belongs to U Fugone. Maybe you look out for this. Or for the skistation U Renosu. It shoul be a good alternative to capanelle and not so overcrowded.
3. all the huts serve dinner. You can book it when you arrive.

Good luck
Frank

--

Fanta 65

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Feb 24, 2017, 7:57

I would agree with you F65 that U Renosu is a fine and quieter place to stay. I have tried both places on my travels.

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Sun, Mar 5, 2017, 12:54

The Refuge de Capanelle is a PNRC refuge, but you can't book it like the other refuges. You have to go to U Fugone in person and see if there is space. It is tiny, very basic, with no warden or real facilities. If you want food, toilet or shower, you have to go to U Fugone. I would never stay at the refuge or U Fugone. I would go to U Renosu, only five minutes away, and have great facilities, lots more space, and peace and quiet.

Paolo

Posted: Sun, Mar 5, 2017, 21:35

Hello,

thank you very much for the information, this is very much appreciated as 1 night in a more comfortable hut can change our next day of very long walk.

Best
Paolo

--

Paolo