Calvi airport to calenzana

Monika

Posted: Sun, Mar 5, 2017, 18:33

Anybody for taxi share from Calvi airport to calenzana June 3rd in the afternoon?

--

Monika

kazber

Posted: Tue, Mar 7, 2017, 22:08

I'm looking for some company on Sunday of June 11.

--

Kaz

Bruce the Kiwi

Posted: Fri, Mar 17, 2017, 23:00

We will be based in Calvi with a vehicle and may be able to help with ride shares to Calenzana from 8 to 23 July 2017.
https://goo.gl/forms/95ikhkSPu5AOPqwk1

--

Kiwi Bruce
"Feeling LOW?
Go on mountains.”
― Prajakta Mhadnak

kazber

Posted: Tue, Mar 21, 2017, 21:21

Hello,

Maybe you can help me to organize the resupply of my own food in Vizzavona. I'm looking for something to send or drop it in some place like a post office, gas station, hotel, etc.. Of course I'm going going to pay for delivery and storage. Do you have any idea how I can do it?

Thanks

--

Kaz

Bruce the Kiwi

Posted: Tue, Mar 21, 2017, 22:04

Hi Kaz

Firstly there is quite a good range of food for sale at Vizzavona.

But if you have special dietary requirements you could book a night at the Hotel le Vizzavona and mail a parcel to them to hold for you.

Or plan a rest day in Vizzavona and train to Corte for lunch.

best of luck with your hike

Bruce

--

Kiwi Bruce
"Feeling LOW?
Go on mountains.”
― Prajakta Mhadnak

kazber

Posted: Wed, Mar 22, 2017, 6:00

Hi Bruce,

Thanks again,

--

Kaz

ritajensen

Posted: Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 6:47

Hi Monika,

We arrive in Calvi June 3rd at 15:55 by the flight from Nice. Nice, if we could share a taxi. We har two persons.

Where do you plan to sleep to sunday? We haven't find a solution - tent, B&B or hotel. We have try to call Gites etapes in Calenzana, but they dont answer.

Rita

--

Rita

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 7:21

The gite/camping municipal in Calenzana will be open so no problem there.
If you are travelling by taxi directly to Calenzana from Calvi airport you will be too late for getting some supplies at the shop in the village....as far as I know it opens only in the morning on Sunday.
Have just realised that the 3rd, June is a Saturday so you should be fine for the Spar shop.

--

Gaffr

Monika

Posted: Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 9:31

Hi Rita
That's great we are on the same flight. I am planning to camp in Calenzana

--

Monika

ritajensen

Posted: Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 13:29

Hi Monika,

Super. We are from Denmark, and I'm a 60+ woman with short curly hair and are traveling together with my son at 40. He has dark hair and dark eyes. Hope that will be enough to recognize us :-).

Is it necessary to book a place for a tent at the camping municipal in Calenzana ?

Rita

--

Rita

ritajensen

Posted: Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 13:34

Hi Graffr

Thank you very must for the information. Do we need to book a place for our tent? I have tried to contact the gite for booking two beds, but they don't answer the telefon :-(

--

Rita

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 13:49

Hello,
I have been 3 or 4 times to the camping in Calenzana.....we just turned up at the office etc. Paid our dues.... slightly dearer than those on the GR20 thereafter.
Just checked my diary and the earliest that we have been to Calenzana Gite/camp site was on the 20th of May 2009. I don't think that you will have problems with staying there on the3rd June.
It could be that the camping and all of that connected with the GR20 being a seasonal activity and probably will not get up and running until the middle of May?
I guess that the exceptions will be the facilities offered on the route where roads cross over the high ground.

--

Gaffr

Monika

Posted: Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 15:36

Looking forward to meeting you both.

I am not booking any accommodations as I know it's ok to just turn up and pay as long as you have your own tent.

Monika

--

Monika

Bruce the Kiwi

Posted: Thu, May 18, 2017, 22:51

Sorry - due to change of plans we cannot now help with ride shares.

--

Kiwi Bruce
"Feeling LOW?
Go on mountains.”
― Prajakta Mhadnak

Nielsbeck

Posted: Fri, May 19, 2017, 10:34

Hallo ! Jeg er også fra Danmark! I am from Denmark too! Leaving from Calvi 1.june! There is a a walkpass back the AirPort. I intent to Wall all the Way from Calvi the forstå Day. I intens to Camp all the Way across the Island! Walking alone for 4 weekend!

--

Nielsbeck

Nielsbeck

Posted: Fri, May 19, 2017, 13:59

27. Maj I fly from Paris to Bastia with EasyJet. Arriving 8:00 in the morning. Then taking the train to Calvi. Taking the last stop before Calvi. From here I start walking to Callenzana. Camping There and bying good for the next days. That means I start on GR 20 28. Maj. There is probably No food to But the forstå 3-4 days?

--

Nielsbeck

Monika

Posted: Thu, May 25, 2017, 9:35

Question.

Is Gite D'etape Municipal directly in Calenzana? What is the address?

--

Monika

Michele

Posted: Thu, May 25, 2017, 14:23

Monika, if you are worried about giving directions to the taxi driver, don't worry. He knows where it is. ;)