charging batteries

MrFaulty

Posted: Tue, Mar 7, 2017, 5:56

Hi, I am just wondering, are there many opportunities for charging cameras etc. I'll be camping.

Otherwise can anyone reccomend a good soalr charger for a digital SLR?

Thanks yet again
Ben

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Mar 7, 2017, 6:59

Hello,
I just have always carried a second battery for my camera. I did carry also a basic phone on my last visit....enough to get a text message back home. At Vizzavona I stayed a night in I Laricci bunkhouse (at the back of the Hotel) where there was the means to charge the unit.
Even as a camper there places en route where it would be possible to charge up a device...perhaps at Col de Verdi, Vallone, Renosu, Ascu etc. where if you take a meal it might be possible?

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Tue, Mar 7, 2017, 7:08

Just ask at the end of every day. Some places will let you charge for free, but I've also come across a notice demanding €1 per hour. Some places don't offer anything, or they just run out of space. One clever trick is to ask people coming the other way what you can expect ahead. Be aware that your devices will often be left unattended. I never heard of anything being stolen, but it is bound to happen sooner or later with all those expensive things lying around. I used a small solar charger on a recent trip. All I can say is that it was better than nothing. Got me no more than 30% charge at its very best.

MrFaulty

Posted: Tue, Mar 7, 2017, 9:33

Thanks. I was looking at a power monkey but quite expensive. My camera is very hungry and chews batteries