Francois d'Haene GR20 video

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Mar 8, 2017, 5:36

From Red Bull TV, there is a video of Francois d'Haene's record run along the GR20. Brutal stuff, and it looks painful, but some good birds-eye views of the trail too. I will do what I usually do, which is to walk slowly.

https://www.redbull.tv/video/AP-1PSA9HBC11W11/crossing-corsica?playlist=...

roesti32

Posted: Thu, Mar 9, 2017, 17:26

To Tighjettu in 6 hours, with a foggy and wet Cirque. That alone is insane enough.

--

Regards, Simon

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Mar 10, 2017, 9:39

Hello,
It is an amazing run to get through the GR20 in such a short time. It is just a pity that it happened on such a gloomy day. Most of the video does not show the Trail at its best. I guess being cooler and damper it was probably more useful for the runner?

My memories of the Corsican trail and the images that I took home with me are of a trail of sunshine, warm rock and the scent of glorious vegetation and with time spent with like minded mainly European walking folks. A grand couple of weeks in the hills.

For someone contemplating the Trek through Corsica the two Videos of Michele of this Forum would be very useful viewing for the walker....Memories of a Trekker and Return to the Island.

--

Gaffr

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Mar 10, 2017, 9:38

Hello,
It is an amazing run to get through the GR20 in such a short time. It is just a pity that it happened on such a gloomy day. Most of the video does not show the Trail at its best. I guess being cooler and damper it was probably more useful for the runner?

My memories of the Corsican trail and the images that I took home with me are of a trail of sunshine, warm rock and the scent of glorious vegetation and with time spent with like minded mainly European walking folks. A grand couple of weeks in the hills.

For someone contemplating the Trek through Corsica the two Videos of Michele of this Forum would be very useful viewing for the walker....Memories of a Trekker and Return to the Island.

--

Gaffr