Through hike late septmber, CW 38-39

Kristoffer Nordtröm

Posted: Fri, Mar 10, 2017, 12:22

Hi!

Does anyone know if the huts will still be open during calender week 38 and 39-2017? With open I mean if the huts are staffed and if it´s possible to buy food so on...

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Mar 10, 2017, 13:11

Hello,
I guess that you mean the last two weeks of September. :-)
You probably will get away with still having most of the refuges open.

I have only once been on the island in September 2011 and on the walk that we were on we crossed over the GR20 towards the middle of September and met folks between Usciolu and Prati 'doing the traverse' and they did say that they were heading up towards Calenzana.

--

Gaffr

SQFP

Posted: Fri, Mar 24, 2017, 22:50

Most if not all official huts of the GR20 are staffed from mid-May to late September/early October - sometimes a week earlier or later depending on the circumstances (weather, crowd...)

--

French geologist with a soft spot for Corsica...

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Mar 27, 2017, 6:41

Hello and welcome to SQFP....it is to all our advantages to have a French lover of the GR20 contributing to this Forum and especially so having 'knowledge of the rocks'.
I am married to a lady from Annemasse in Haute-Savoie.

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Mar 29, 2017, 16:00

Everything should be open late in September. The last time I was there in September, the only place that seemed to have closed early was a bergerie offering drinks and snacks near Lac du Ninu. It was only opened a few years ago, and maybe they didn't realise how busy the route could be towards the end of September. They could have made a lot of money out of me and all the other trekkers who made it to their heavily bolted door, following painted notices promising lovely Corsican produce.

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Mar 29, 2017, 19:48

Hello,
Is that bergerie close to Lac du Ninu having a sign with Stazzu Di L'Inzecche?...a little bit off the trail.
Well coming up from the South four years ago there was a sign prior to reaching the Lac.

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Mar 29, 2017, 19:55

Yeah... it's Inzecche. The GR20 got re-routed round the northern side of Lac du Ninu, taking it close to the bergerie and I guess the owners saw an opportunity to get into the refreshment business. It would also be a great place to camp, but that doesn't seem to be part of the deal. I noticed that half the trekkers were still going round the southern side of the lake even though there are notices asking people not to. Anyone going the 'wrong' way wouldn't find it convenient to visit Inzecche, so that suggests they lose half their potential customers anyway.