The refuge CAPANNELLE will be closed for the season 2017

Michele

Posted: Wed, Mar 22, 2017, 21:29

According to the PNRC blog, due to a broken roof the refuge Capannelle will stay closed for this season (and the entrance forbidden). Hikers wishing to stay in a hut will have to contact either the gite d'etape U FUGONE (ph. 04 95 57 01 81) or U RENOSU (ph. 06 77 06 25 17) both located in the same area.

--Michele

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Mar 22, 2017, 22:09

Whenever I had a look inside that refuge, it always looked miserable. It was tiny and dirty and I think it only held about a dozen people. Maybe when they fix the roof they will do some work inside the building.

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Mar 28, 2017, 6:34

Hello,
The roof of the Capannelle 'bothy' seems to be very vulnerable to the elements. On our first trip to the GR in 2007 the roof of the building was partly on the ground however in both 2011 and in 2013 when passing this way the roof had been repaired and was secure.
Folks were using the refuge and the inside was in good order but I guess that in the open refuges the order and cleanliness depends greatly on the last users.
As Michele points out that there are two very good alternatives for overnights on this stage.

--

Gaffr