Mare a Mare North, Centre or South?

romana1989

Posted: Wed, Apr 5, 2017, 19:03

Hello, first of all thank you for your wonderful website and lots of usefull information! For our first trip to Corsica we would like to do a long distance hike (around 7 days) in late May this year, we doubt between Mare a Mare North, Centre or South (or a part of it). If you would choose on the basis of the criteria 'availability hotels/chambre d'hotes' (we would like not to sleep in gites/shared bedrooms), which one should be the best option concerning availability of hotels along the way? :) many thanks!

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Apr 10, 2017, 9:11

Hello,
My wife and I have travelled all five of the routes in Corse along with also the very rough GR20.
We travelled with tent and used it where possible on the terraces of many of the Refuges/Gites.

Possibly the Mare e Monti ( not one of those that you listed )would offer the best chance of having Hotel accommodation? in the many villages en-route and also for much of the length of the route you are not a great distance from the road connecting Calvi/Cargese and Ajaccio.

We used the Topoguides...Corse...Entre mer et montagne from WWW.ffrandonnee.fr We purchased the book from a tourist info place in Corse. Nowadays buyable on line? All is different nowadays. :-)
Maps, stage descriptions and phone numbers for accommodations for all five of the routes.

Just had a wee look at the site....Corse is available...around 15 euros on -line.

--

Gaffr

romana1989

Posted: Mon, Apr 10, 2017, 19:24

Thanks Gaffr! I immediately ordered the book you mentioned :) We just liked the idea of walking from one side of the island to the other, but well, nothing decided yet. Maybe we will make a combination of Mare e Monti and Mare a mare nord, with some hitchhiking / bus / taxi for some parts. Will find you if needed for some more advise about the itinerary!