Reminder on Asinao Refuge.

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Apr 8, 2017, 10:08

Hello,
Not quite sure what this means?
On the latest report on the PNRC blog.....not sure exactly what this means....4th, April 2017.
Does it refer to the site area...water, toilets etc......or does it mean sort of provisional shelter? to replace the burned down refuge.

No images of the higher still under snow regions. Several images of fallen tree clearing work at lower elevations.

--

Gaffr

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Apr 8, 2017, 14:10

I guess that 'col saint Pierre' is the same as bocca san Pedru.... the oratory is shown in the blog image and appears to clear of snow at circa 1500mtrs.
The blog mentions bocca a Reta...just before the drop down to lac de Nino....I'm sure that this is around 2000 metres...no image shown.

--

Gaffr

Michele

Posted: Mon, Apr 10, 2017, 7:46

Hi Roger,

About the refuge Asinau I think it means that the hut will return operative after 15th May and everything (?) should be back in order. But I agree it's a little vague.

Col Saint Pierre is Bocca San Pedru (in Corsican). Bocca a Reta should be 1883 m.

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Apr 10, 2017, 8:26

Thanks Michele,
Like so much regarding the GR20 we never quite get the full story....but that may have a lot to do with translation.
Thinking back to the grand schemes, announced some time back, for the upgrading of the refuges along the route maybe this will be a temporary structure? Whatever the announcement is describing it must be about something more than was available last year for walkers.

--

Gaffr