Albertacce Exit

Silversurfer

Posted: Sun, Apr 9, 2017, 14:05

Due to time restrictions I can only walk for a number of days, wish I had more time. Has anyone used the exit route from Auberge U Vallone to Albertacce? I tried to find out what time the bus leaves Albertacce for Corte but no luck yet?

--

Silversurfer

Gaffr

Posted: Sun, Apr 9, 2017, 15:36

In 2013 when in early/mid June when the snow was still around on the old route through the Cirque many folks were crossing over the river at Vallone and walking down to Calasima where a navette was available to get them round to Asco and in reverse for those heading South. I think that it is only a few more Kls. to reach Albertacce and a bit further to Calacuccia ....on the road or maybe there is a path beside the road?
The people running the Auberge will keep you right for this.

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Sun, Apr 9, 2017, 20:54

Just ask at the bergerie. They bring all their supplies up the road from Albertacche and Calasima. When the road ends, there's only a very short distance to the bergerie. It's worth having a chat with those guys. Even though they've been born and reared in Corsica, they're actually of Norwegian stock. For some reason, a wandering group of Norwegians decided to live in Corsica, and mainly settled in Calasima.

Silversurfer

Posted: Tue, Apr 18, 2017, 18:38

Many thanks GRRR 20.

I'll brush up on my languages. Hope to maybe hitch a ride with those friendly Norwegians.

--

Silversurfer