Is there a chance to buy gas on Sunday in Ajaccio?

amber

Posted: Mon, Apr 17, 2017, 4:41

Hello. We arrive in Ajaccio on Sunday (April 30). Is there a chance to buy gas on Sunday in Ajaccio or Vizzavona?
Thank you

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Apr 17, 2017, 8:25

Hello,
As we all say Sunday is a difficult day in Corse....Day of rest.
There is an Intersport a couple of streets in from the Harbour area but as with most small shops ....Dimanche Ferme. If like in Calvi Supermarkets are closed on Sunday.

Perhaps at Vizzavona where there is a wee shop behind the station....but it is very early in the season for walkers.

--

Gaffr

amber

Posted: Mon, Apr 17, 2017, 8:42

Hello,
Yes, I know that Intersport in Ajaccio is closed on Sundays. So I wanted to find out whether there are other places where we can buy gas on Sunday. For example, in some countries it is possible buy gas in petrol stations...
Thanks for your patience
Amber

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Apr 17, 2017, 10:36

Hello,
Yes I have found it possible to purchase gas in filling stations on the island ....in Calvi and in Moriani on the East coast. So probably possible in Ajaccio. From what I recall of Ajaccio we took a navette to the airport to pick up a car....the area around the bus station/Harbour area has filling stations.
I also recall that on the East close to Bastia that fuel for the car on Sunday was via a machine at the pump system...so maybe the wee shop not open Sunday.
Sorry to sound so gloomy about the prospects for gas.

--

Gaffr

amber

Posted: Mon, Apr 17, 2017, 11:18

Gaffr, thanks for the answers. I think that if we do not solve the problem with the gas, we always have the option to use petrol for cooking ... But I still have time to look for gas:)

Amber