Booking refuges for GR20

EdW

Posted: Wed, May 24, 2017, 16:10

Hi there

I am having real trouble booking up the refuges for our trip at the beginning of June (just a week to go now!) The PNRC website is not allowing reservations and the contact page is down too. i have contacted them through another route but they keep directing me back to the non-functioning website. We are planning on staying in the refuges and not camping (not planning on taking a tent) so I really want the security of having them booked up. (It is also my honeymoon and would prefer not to mess it up!)
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Many thanks
Ed

--

Ed W
UK

rosbif_rebuffat

Posted: Wed, May 24, 2017, 16:56

Are you taking sleeping bags ?
If so then you don't have a problem as you can always rent a tent in the unlikely event a refuge is full.
If not then I still don't foresee a huge problem, I last went in a busy period (early sept) and there was still space in the refuges
If your solely relying on the refuges then you must remember to bring bug bite cream, as some of the refuges are still infested with bed bugs.

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, May 24, 2017, 18:00

I second that. Rent-a-tent would be better for honeymooners than the refuges.

The refuge booking system is a pain. People always complain about it here.

EdW

Posted: Wed, May 24, 2017, 18:04

Thanks guys - much appreciated.

We will be taking sleeping bags anyway and have a tent we can take and could do that instead (or rent if we decide to keep weight down) - we can spend the money we save on more food and wine!

Many thanks,

Ed

--

Ed W
UK

SamA

Posted: Tue, Jun 6, 2017, 20:48

Hi Ed

Any news on booking the refuges - I'm still having trouble?

Sam

corsicatrek

Posted: Wed, Jun 7, 2017, 21:23

I am still having trouble as well! Has anyone figured this out? I am trying to rent a tent at each refuge and keep getting an error message, saying the number of hikers does not correspond with the number of places. Is this your experience?
Thanks,
Eve

--

Eve

Isabel S

Posted: Thu, Jun 8, 2017, 19:47

I can't book either :(

roesti32

Posted: Thu, Jun 8, 2017, 20:21

On http://randoblogpnrc.blogspot.de/ it says the booking will be working from June 12th.

Concerning the error message, I guess the following: The number at "Choisissez le nombre de personnes" has to be the same as in "Nombre de couchages en bivouac". So for example when booking for two persons, enter 2 at both of these fields (and 1 at "Nb. location tente (2 places + matelas)").

There are also screnshots of this here: http://www.le-gr20.fr/pages/infos/budget-gr20.html

Hope it's clear what I mean.

--

Regards, Simon

Isabel S

Posted: Mon, Jun 12, 2017, 21:37

Hello!

Booking the refuges is not available still. Does anybody know when the page will be ready for booking?