Another one of "those people" who think they know better ....

Michele

Posted: Mon, May 29, 2017, 18:05

Corsematin reports that a young man was found today (29th May 2017) luckily uninjured after having lost his way while crossing the Cirque de la Solitude. Apparently he had gone missing for a few days. He was rescued in the "lower part of the Cirque".

No comment!

http://www.corsematin.com/article/derniere-minute/le-randonneur-perdu-su...

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, May 29, 2017, 18:31

No comment needed - the readers of Corse Matin have already given their comments.

Lost for several days? I would really like to know more details.

Michele

Posted: Mon, May 29, 2017, 18:41

This is the second report we have about someone getting lost in the Cirque (the previous one was back in September 2016).
These people should pay through their nose for their rescue operation. Or events like that will keep happening.
I liked it better when the access was officially forbidden. The access open to anyone will only mean more work for the Gendarmerie. Mark my words.

--Michele

rosbif_rebuffat

Posted: Sat, Jun 3, 2017, 20:06

For gods sake, if you are going to take these risks at least have the decency to crawl out of there and not call for rescue and thereby endanger the lives of others.

GRRR 20

Posted: Sat, Jun 3, 2017, 21:26

I'm sure he did lots of crawling in five days. I have been through the Cirque three times and relied on the red and white paint marks every step of the way. Sometimes, when it really looked as if I should have been going down, the paint marks went up, so I followed. Ever since they got rid of the paint marks, I wouldn't go anywhere near the place. I always thought the chains were over-kill, but I definitely needed the ladder. The paint marks, on the other hand, were absolutely essential. Maps, compasses and GPS are no use in the Cirque, and you can't get a phone signal either. It's not the same place it used to be.