Price for solo tent pitch | Corsica.forHikers.com

Price for solo tent pitch

inghan

Posted: Tue, Jun 20, 2017, 10:22

Hi all, does anyone know how much a tent pitch costs (more or less) for a single person tent at the refuges? (with own tent). I've seen a recent price of 7euros per person posted somewhere but this was for sharing a 2 person tent and am assuming it's more expensive to camp solo? I'm paying for a whole group so it could make quite a difference in terms of how much money I need to carry. Thanks!

--

Ingrid

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Jun 21, 2017, 7:11

Hello,
Four years ago when travelling solo I paid seven euros for the overnight pitch.
When travelling with a companion ten years ago...I know that it is some time ago...but I think that the price was for the tent pitch in those days four euros. So fairly sure that it was the price for both of us?

--

Gaffr

tmoll000@gmail.com

Posted: Sun, Jun 25, 2017, 17:54

Hi

Last year i paid 7€ for pitching my single tent at the refuges.

Concerning how much money you have to carry: multiply the estimated amount by 2. I'm sure its been mentioned on serveral occasions before, there is no ATM near the GR20.
I had to learn it the hard way. The temptation to skip the shitty trek-food in tinfoil bags and instead to enjoy tasty local sausisson and goatcheese and occasionaly choose a hot meal at the refuge, was too big.
Not to mention the possibility to finish the stage buying icecold cans of coke and beer (5-6€ a can)
Halfways i realized that the cash wouldnt last all the way, so i hoped for an ATM in vizzavona. But no.
If it hadn't been for two fantastic and friendly canadien women, who lend me money, i would have been forced to leave for corte, which meant that i couldnt finish in conca in time (to catch my plane)

Best regards

--

Thorsten

lizzy

Posted: Sat, Jul 1, 2017, 1:34

Completed it last week, can confirm the 7 Euro is still true this year at almost every refuge (Hotel Castel camping was only 6)

sonja

Posted: Mon, Feb 12, 2018, 10:31

Hi lizzy. I'm assuming this is 7 Euro per person? There will be 2 of us with 1 tent

inghan

Posted: Mon, Feb 12, 2018, 10:38

Hi Sonja, yes it was 7 euros per person at almost every refuge (we only did the northern part). It didn't matter if you shared a tent or not, the price was just person.

--

Ingrid

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Feb 12, 2018, 10:49

Yes it's €7 per pitch for your own tent. It gets more complicated if you hire a tent. The last time I did that, they wrote me two tickets - one for the actual space the tent was occupying - and one for me being inside that tent. At another place I got the same two tickets, but as all their tents were full, they got another tent out of storage and I had to go and find a place and pitch it myself.

sonja

Posted: Mon, Feb 12, 2018, 10:52

Thanks inghan