GR20 complete

Posted: Mon, Jun 26, 2017, 2:05

Hi, I have just got back to Australia after doing the GR 20 - I started on the 30 May and completed it in 13 days. I have some good photos, and wouldn't mind sending to the people. In particular there was a group of 3 french men, one was wearing a french hat (beret I beleive it is called). If anyone is aware of who this group may be, please let me know so I can forward them photos.

PS, it was amazing, very difficult, but awesome!

Posted: Mon, Jun 26, 2017, 5:11

Glad that you enjoyed your trip.
How did you find it carrying a rucksack of around 20 kgs., if I recall correctly, that you were proposing to carry during the walk?

Posted: Mon, Jun 26, 2017, 5:30

I actually started the trip with 25.7kg - and it did hurt a bit lol. Thankfully a little over 5kg was food, so by the end of the walk I had a smidgen over 19kg

Isabel S

Posted: Mon, Jun 26, 2017, 6:36

I don't think I would carry so much weight. The backpack will be big, but half full.
I don't see myself carrying so much weight during several days.

Posted: Mon, Jun 26, 2017, 6:44

Mine was mostly full - but yes, I would not carry so much weight again - fine in Australia where our hills are small, and there are no refuges, but I found the food to be of a high quality so that I would probably eat at most of the refuges in the future (not that I think I'll do it again) and only take a few meals in case they are serving something I don't like.