Night Temperatures

Silversurfer

Posted: Mon, Jun 26, 2017, 19:50

Hi,

Leaving this weekend.
Just a quick one for those who have just completed GR20.
What was the temperature at night in the mountains like?
C or F I'll convert it.

Thanks.

Silversurfer

--

Silversurfer

roesti32

Posted: Tue, Jun 27, 2017, 16:37

First of all: I didn't have a thermometer with me. I also think that the felt temperature in the evening is colder because of the high temperatures during the day. I was there last year in August, and I'd say the temperature never went below 7°C. My sleeping bag with comfort temperature 5° was always warm enough. However, there were two rather windy, chilly evenings at Petra Piana and Asinao, where I was happy when I was in my sleeping bag.
In earlier and later season, it should be colder.

--

Regards, Simon

Silversurfer

Posted: Tue, Jun 27, 2017, 20:12

ManyThanks Simon.

Dan

--

Silversurfer

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Jun 28, 2017, 7:02

One of the best things about the GR20 is that it gets cool at night.

MrFaulty

Posted: Wed, Jun 28, 2017, 23:39

I was there early June and I have a minus 7 sleeping bag and I really feel the cold. I found it a bit warm but I think in reality the temp was not too cold and for a normal person as lomng as you have a zero degree sleeping bag you'd be fine.

lizzy

Posted: Sat, Jul 1, 2017, 1:32

Completed the north last week. I get cold easily, so I had a 25 F bag + a thermal liner that adds 30 degrees, as well as many long underwear layers. I found it didn't get as cold as I expected and my friends were comfortable with standard bag + one thick layer

FeatherMan

Posted: Sat, Jul 8, 2017, 7:39

I'm in a similar situation heading out this week - anyone got any guidance on how cold it might get at night at the moment?

Sophie B

Posted: Sat, Jul 8, 2017, 10:29

We finished it last Monday, 3rd July (started in Calenzana on 18th June) - it was mostly pretty warm and our 2/3 season lightweight down sleeping bags were fine most of the time (had them unzipped most nights) - and I'm someone who gets cold very easily. However there were an unseasonably cold few days last week, which were definitely on the cold side. We took lightweight down jackets with us as well, thinking that if it was really cold - we could wear these at night as well. It never got that cold, but I did sleep in a lightweight fleece with the hood up one night. I guess it's getting warmer all the time at the moment. The down jackets were very useful and definitely worth taking, lots of people had them.

kimbrelystewart

Posted: Thu, Oct 5, 2017, 11:30

Normal human body temperature is round about 96 degree and the environment where we live in different countries different areas somewhere is very cold weather somewhere is hot and when we travel one country to another country season change within some hour difference and it can be dangerous for health we should take care and do make plan before going and if your friend or any family member are already there so ask them first before going and if no one there then make communication with internet and do some research from google.

--

Thanks,
Kimbrely Stewart