Tent Space

Posted: Wed, Jul 5, 2017, 12:01

Hello people,

I will be carrying tent, should i book the space for it ?
I will be travelling from last week of July to first week of Aug.

Best regards,

Posted: Wed, Jul 5, 2017, 12:30

No need to....just turn up at the refuge and pay your seven euros to the guardian....receive your ticket/receipt and then find a place to pitch your tent.
Order your evening meal if required.

Posted: Wed, Jul 5, 2017, 14:16

Thanks for the info Gaffr. :)

Posted: Thu, Jul 6, 2017, 12:18

My brother and I just finished the North section on Saturday and Carozzu was absolutely rammed. There simply wasn't room left for people arriving later. So although I wouldn't bother booking, it's worth getting there fairly early to make sure you get a spot. Carozzu was the only one that was full but the others were definitely starting to fill up too.

Posted: Thu, Jul 6, 2017, 12:39

Yeah, this trail has gradually turned into a race for the spot.

Posted: Sat, Jul 8, 2017, 18:36

Thanks for the information, I will get into the race :)

Posted: Sat, Jul 8, 2017, 19:23

HI Gaffr,

where do I find stove + gas refills in Bastia or calvi, some links will be helpful.

Thanks! Sri

Posted: Wed, Jul 26, 2017, 17:31

Hello, I was just wondering how long it took you to do the North section? Me and my partner are wanting to hike from Calenzana to Vizzavona but only have 7 days to do it and I have read that it takes about 9 days. I don't want to rush it but would really like to complete all of the North half. We are both pretty fit and have done quite a bit of hiking.

Posted: Wed, Jul 26, 2017, 18:28

Hi Poppy,

I think it's doable but tough to get to Vizzavona in 7 days - depending on the weight of your pack. It's not really possible (or it would be hard) to double up before day 5 after leaving Castel di Vergio. This was our itinerary, it was pretty tough and my brother and I do quite a bit of walking:

Day 1- Calenzana to Refuge d'Ortu di u Piobbu
Day 2- to Carozzu
Day 3- to Ascu Stagnu
Day 4- to Bergeries de Vallone (great place)
Day 5- to Castel di Vergio
Day 6- sort of doubled up to Refuge a Sega as we were walking out to Corte, some people who were carrying on to Vizzavona doubled up, skipping Manganu and going straight to Petra Piana, although this sounded very tough!
So if you had a full day on day 7 you would need to double up to get to Vizzavona but I don't think that one is too bad.

On a personal note, I visited Corte and Vizzavona and Corte is much more beautiful (and with better restaurants!), so don't be too concerned if you run out of time and have to exit to Corte.

Good luck!

Posted: Wed, Jul 26, 2017, 19:09

Thank you so much, that was extremely helpful!