Ortu du Piobbu and Carrozzu infested with bedbugs: hikers asked to sleep outside

Michele

Posted: Mon, Aug 7, 2017, 9:33

6 Aug 2017
One of my contacts who just returned from the trail informs me that both Ortu du Piobbu and Carrozzu were infested with bedbugs so badly that hikers were offered to sleep outside in the Park tents!!!!!!! wtf?

--Michele

Isabel S

Posted: Mon, Aug 7, 2017, 17:04

Omg!! I sent them an email asking about bedbugs, with no answers from their side. I've already booked the refuges,and wanted to ask them if they were safe.

Michele

Posted: Mon, Aug 7, 2017, 17:07

Isabel, stay on the safe side and use the tent.

Isabel S

Posted: Mon, Aug 7, 2017, 17:24

Yes, the thing is that I did the bookings time ago and paid for them. Could I get there and say that I booked beds when I wanted to book viubac? That's my concern.

Michele

Posted: Mon, Aug 7, 2017, 17:28

Ouch, that may be a problem. Anyway since the problem is with them, they will not let you down. And, who knows, by the time you get there maybe the emergency is over. But, keep emailing them, just in case.

--Michele

Isabel S

Posted: Mon, Aug 7, 2017, 18:43

I want to just change all my bookings to viubac. When I booked with them, I didn't have the tent.

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Aug 8, 2017, 9:23

Remember to take with you a sleeping bag....but maybe all refuge users take a bag with them?

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Tue, Aug 8, 2017, 19:03

You have to take your own sleeping bag to the refuges. If the bugs get inside your bag then you take them to the other refuges and eventually back home with you.

Isabel S

Posted: Tue, Aug 8, 2017, 20:05

Not only the sleeping bag. They can be in whichever other clothe that you put on the bed.
Yes, I'll take sleeping bag.

rwdlan

Posted: Mon, Aug 14, 2017, 21:46

Ive doused all my kit in Permethrin which is apparently going to stop all the bugs... Would be interested if anyone has any experience of overcoming them! (Ive already booked and paid for the huts)

https://sawyer.com/products/permethrin-premium-insect-repellent/