Breakfast at refugios

Inga

Posted: Wed, Aug 9, 2017, 19:04

Hi,

Could someone please tell how is it with breakfast offering at refugios? I understand that in order to get dinner one should order it by 17pm. Should breakfast be ordered in advance as well? If I am willing to start a certain stage at e.g. 5am or 6am, would some kind of breakfast be available for purchase at that time? Or should one buy some food available at refugios previous evening and eat at breakfast? :)
I am afraid about the weight of my bag and am not willing to take any gas canisters or stove or a lot of food supplies, but rely on what I could buy on the spot :)

Thanks,
Inga

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Aug 9, 2017, 19:44

You are supposed to order breakfast the evening before. I don't know why, but it seems to be a massive problem if you try and ask for it in the morning. This isn't just on the GR20 as it seems common throughout France. When you see how little you get for breakfast, it is poor value - usually some long-life toast and jam, a couple of biscuits, bread if you are really lucky, and a hot drink - for about €8. If you want a very early breakfast then ask about it. It you can't get it, then you can buy some food.

Michele

Posted: Thu, Aug 10, 2017, 6:39

You ask for it in the evening so they'll prepare it in advance and put it on a tray with your name on it. So no matter what time you wake up in the morning, your (scanty) breakfast will be there. At least that's what I've been told. Never bought any breakfast at the huts. Like GRRR20 says, it is poor value.

Inga

Posted: Thu, Aug 10, 2017, 18:26

Thank you!

Inga

Posted: Thu, Aug 10, 2017, 18:26

Thank you!

rwdlan

Posted: Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 16:50

Not even a hot drink? :(

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 17:15

Hello,
Better breakfasts at the bergeries.....but it is not possible to fit one in between all refuges.

--

Gaffr

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 17:15

Hello,
Better breakfasts at the bergeries.....but it is not possible to fit one in between all refuges.

--

Gaffr