GR20 North - september

koen de koster

Posted: Tue, Aug 15, 2017, 12:52

Hi, we are doing the GR20 North in September, very excited about it ... still some doubts about whether we will be able to handle the GR20 though :-).

Some questions we hope to get answers to on this website:
- I've read a lot about bedbugs. I see that we can also rent tents at most refuges. Is the chance to meet bedbugs there smaller? And: having your own tent seems much nicer than those cramped refuges + they are cheaper. So I think we would prefer to rent the tent (which also have matrasses, right?) Am I missing something?

- Probably a silly question but: we'll start in Vizzavona and head North (as our flight arrives in Ajaccio and leaves from Bastia): the GR20 is marked in both directions I hope?

Thanks for the responses!

Lokki

Posted: Tue, Aug 15, 2017, 13:15

You are definitely less likely to meet bedbugs in tents than inside the refuges, but carrying your own tent is the safest option. Tents have mattresses but no blankets.

And yes, GR20 is well marked in both directions :)

Georgi

Posted: Tue, Aug 15, 2017, 17:58

Can I ask one more thing, as we will travel in September as well (1st week) - how are the temperatures in the night?
Thanks in advance for your answer

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Aug 15, 2017, 19:56

We have been on the island for three weeks in September 2011....good weather apart from a couple of days rain.
Some of the days were above 2,000 mtrs. We came back with a suntan. Not so many folks around.

--

Gaffr

Georgi

Posted: Tue, Aug 15, 2017, 20:03

Wonderful, thank you :). Hope we will be lucky as well