GR 20 with a Donkey

KatDonkey

Posted: Thu, Aug 17, 2017, 15:36

Hi All,

If anyone has any useful information regarding hiking with a donkey, I would appreciate your advice.
I walked the route when I was 13, and now I would like to do it with my donkey, but I'm not sure ( and can't remember ) which sections have ladders and ropes which she could not do.
If anyone knows of local businesses or how to ask the refuges (which I believe sometimes use mules) please do let me know,

Thanks

GRRR 20

Posted: Thu, Aug 17, 2017, 16:27

A donkey would really struggle on many parts and would find some short stretches impossible. Mules and horses are used to supply some refuges but they don't follow much of the trail. The only donkey I ever saw following the route was between Vergio and Manganu. It was on hire from "Promenâne".

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Aug 18, 2017, 5:45

Hello,
Probably best to establish what was the route you followed in the past?
It would appear that you went by way of Cirque de la solitude when you recall a ladder?....there were chains also in position to assist walkers. However the new route that replaces the Cirque would not be suitable for a donkey as would many other stages in the North and perhaps also in the South. There are several other multi day routes on the island that would be more suitable.

--

Gaffr