Campsites at each end of the route

matthieu.marshall

Posted: Wed, Aug 23, 2017, 19:13

Hello,
Does anyone recommend or know if there are any good campsites at each end of the GR20, in Calenzana and Conca.

Also, can anyone recommend a method for getting from Calvi airport to Calenzana and equally for getting from Conca to Figari airport?

Many thanks

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Aug 23, 2017, 19:26

Calenzana has reasonable camping at the Gite/refuge place....haven't noticed any other camping in Calenzana.
At the other end Conca there is camping on wee terraces at the back of La Tonnelle Gite/restaurant.
Or if you get down from La Tonnelle, they have a navette to reach Sainte Lucie de Porto Vecchio, there is a fine camping place nearby,Pinarellu, with pool/restaurant and it is a short walk to the beach.

Taxi to Calenzana to from Calvi airport. I think there is a bus service from P.V. to Figari.

--

Gaffr

Doreen

Posted: Sun, Aug 27, 2017, 13:49

Hello Matthieu,
Next to Taking buses and a taxi once we also hitchhiked several stretches in Corsica and it worked out just fine. Generally we waited for about 10min till someone stoped for us. Once, when walking to Bastia airport from Casamozza, a guy even offered a lift without us hitchhiking. Unfortunately we both don't speak french, but nonetheless people were very friendly and interested (it was only French people working on the island and Corsican locals stopping, and all of them in very modest cars - none of the tourists stopped).

matthieu.marshall

Posted: Mon, Sep 4, 2017, 9:47

Gaffr - Thanks for that, I might try and walk from the airport as I arrive early and it doesn't look too far.
I think I'll camp at Calenzana and at the other end the campsite at Sainte Lucie de Porto Vecchio sounds like a nice place to finish the walk!

Doreen - I haven't had any experience of hitchhiking, so I may give it a miss, but if I am really in need I'll give it a try. I do speak French though, so that helps.

I have 2 weeks to go, I'm more confident about that now and generally hoping that the guidebook will help me through the rest of it!