Is U Renosu closed?

Sturah

Posted: Tue, Aug 29, 2017, 20:58

Hi there,

Great forum, really really helpful! Thank you!

We'll be trekking through the last 3 weeks of Sept. I'm trying to book at U Renosu, but their website is down and no response to emails. I know the PNRC refuge is closed this year, but is U Renosu shut too?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to contact Chez Aline (as an alternative to PNRC at Asinau) by anything other than phone, as I'm having trouble getting an answer! Or, is there a good time to call if it does need to be phone?

Thanks for your help

Sarah and Stu

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Aug 30, 2017, 3:02

Hello,
There was a post earlier saying that it was closed. It appears to be a place to stay that 'comes and goes'....not open in 2007 when we were there but in 2013 was open and offered a good service.
The PNRC refuge that you mention is really a bothy that has the roof blown off fairly often...anyway to stay there you would need to have all the camping kit etc.
The alternative at this location is the U Fugone/Gite de Capanelle..tel 04 95 57 01 81...gite-u-fugone.com to try?
Chez Aline do you mean the Bergeries Asinau?
You could make a shorter day ...coming from the North? and make for the Bergeries Croci before reaching Alcudina/Asinau area.

--

Gaffr

Sophie B

Posted: Thu, Aug 31, 2017, 12:52

U Renso was closed when we were there at the end of June this year - it looked pretty desolate! The refuge was open and had people staying in it. We camped at Gite de Capanelle in one of their tents. Capanelle was nice and they had accommodation in the gite and it small 'chalets', as well as the camping.

Sturah

Posted: Thu, Sep 7, 2017, 23:01

Thanks both, all booked at U Fugone.
Flying out on Sunday - can't wait!!