REFUGES ALL BOOKED UP FOR 2018

AirborneMuttley

Posted: Sun, Oct 29, 2017, 13:13

I am just in the process of planning my trip for early June 2018.

In looking at Ferries and the Ferries for June have now become available to book via Corsica Ferries.

In clicking on the Parcs website to book a refuge it is showing as 'Complet' for ALL of 2018!!!

Is this normal and a case of turn up?

I am taking a one man tent anyway as I am travelling with a dog so am looking for just a pitch.

Thanks for help.

GRRR 20

Posted: Sun, Oct 29, 2017, 15:02

It's highly unlikely that the refuges are completely booked. They probably set the system up that way for the winter. Some time next year, some time in spring, they will suddenly announce that they are ready to take bookings. In previous years they let the booking system run in 'practice mode' in the winter, where you could practice making bookings, but not actually finish making them or pay for them. That caused just as much confusion as the system does by saying everything is fully booked. If you just want a pitch, just turn up.

Daisychain

Posted: Mon, Oct 30, 2017, 8:16

I suppose it would be just too easy (?) to say something like: Bookings can be made from (date) . Civil service thinking.

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Oct 30, 2017, 9:32

Ever since they started with refuge bookings it's been a mess. I wonder if they deliberately run it that way to put people off. If they put people off then the trail is less crowded and there is less pressure on the facilities. If they let you book five years in advance, some people would already be booking for 2022.

littlebig11

Posted: Sat, Dec 16, 2017, 21:37

Looking on the pnr website, it looks like they’re saying that their reservation system should open up on January 15th, 2018 for the 2018 season.