Mare a mare sud

fermeur

Posted: Fri, Dec 29, 2017, 23:12

We're looking at walking the Mare a mare sud in 2018 and wondering if it is possible to have our luggage moved from inn to inn. Does anyone know?

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Dec 30, 2017, 8:54

Hello,
My wife and I were down that way in 2008 as part of a long walk from Calenzana to Porto Vecchio but carrying all of our kit throughout the journey.
We were aware of that some of the folks at the overnights had luggage transported but that may have been as part of an organised package? that may or may not have included accommodation etc.
I have been aware of luggage drop arrangements on several of the other routes on the island. One I recall was a Corsican lady waiting patiently at Col de Verde for a group of walkers who were late for the 'meet up' so I guess that the walkers were not staying overnight at the Verde otherwise the kit would have been left with folks running the Gite place.
I would guess that you could arrange any transportation of kit to suit your needs.

--

Gaffr

fermeur

Posted: Sat, Dec 30, 2017, 14:15

Thanks! I assume that this can be arranged but I would prefer to arrange it in advance. Perhaps others will comment on this. Happy New Year!

Steve Dan

Posted: Sun, Dec 31, 2017, 15:33

Hi fermeur.
You could check out corsica-aventure's selection of self guided walks, which includes the Mare a Mare Sud.
They would transfer luggage, book overnight stops ect. I hav'nt used their services myself, but have bumped into their clients occasionally and they seemed happy enough with it all.
Steve.

fermeur

Posted: Tue, Jan 2, 2018, 20:26

Thanks Steve. I'll check them out.
Brian