How long can I do it in

Haydn1985

Posted: Sun, Jan 7, 2018, 21:00

Hi guys, I have a 10 day window at the end of June in which I’d like to complete the gr20. I am a keen mountain walker and compete in endurance events so my fitness isn’t too bad. Just want to know if those who have completed it before can tell me if it’s possible to walk it in this time scale.

Cheers!

--

Haydn

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Jan 8, 2018, 6:53

Hello,
If you look around the Forum, and beyond, you will find several accounts of folks reaching Conca from Calenzana in fewer than the fifteen stages.
However, if owing to delay on the route or whatever, you have the option to take the train out at Vizzavona to reach either Ajaccio or East to Bastia after travelling for nine days on the route. This is assuming that you are starting from the North.

--

Gaffr

Michele

Posted: Mon, Jan 8, 2018, 7:49

Haydn,

Doing the whole route in 10 days is feasible but requires doubling up all stages, going very lightweight and almost skyrunners' style (but you say you compete in endurance events, so you should be ok). However when planning your trip, it would be wise to consider any possible (and unwanted) delays (bad wheater or other) that might disrupt your schedule.

Best luck
Michele

Haydn1985

Posted: Mon, Jan 8, 2018, 18:47

Thanks for the reply :)
I’ll let you’s know how I get on!

--

Haydn